Fleisher’s Meats is an old fashioned Butcher shop offering premium products from local farmers who have raised their animals on a primarily grass-based diet or organically-raised. We carry both grass-fed/grain-finished and in season 100% grass-fed beef.
In 2004 we dreamed up Fleisher’s Meats – an old-fashioned butcher shop offering meat free of hormones or antibiotics and full of real farm flavor. Since that time. Fleisher’s has become a nationally acclaimed butcher shop, still holding to that original aspiration:
- We follow a nose-to-tail cutting program so we use every part of the animal.
- We are one of the only butcher shops in the country to do what we do.
- All of our meat is sourced locally so that we can reduce our carbon footprint and support our local agricultural economy.
- All of our animals are raised on a primarily grass-based diet and never receive antibiotics or hormones.
Animals raised in a sustainable way, combined with our cutting expertise will make every taste of Fleisher’s beef, pork, lamb, poultry or sausage among your favorite food experiences.
At Fleisher’s the ethical treatment of animals is one of our basic tenets. We promote respect between our consumers, farmers and animals. We insist that special attention and consideration is paid to the handling, transport and processing of all of our animals.
All of the farms and slaughterhouses must meet the following standards:
- Farmers are proponents of proper animal husbandry.
- Animals always have access to grass and open pastures.
- Animals are not given antibiotics or hormones.
- All feed and grains must come from local mills and or grown on the farm. Store bought (or gmo) grain is never acceptable.
- Animals must travel less than an hour to the slaughterhouse.
- Slaughterhouses must be small and committed to humane slaughter practices.